This blogspot was created so that we can share what our family is up to particually our sons Billy and Benjamin! Especially for those we don't get to see as often as we would like, we hope you feel closer to us by seeing and reading of some of the everyday things going on with us. Thanks for taking the time to look!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Duke Trip

My Christmas present from Andy this year was tickets to watch the Lady Vols versue Duke game on Jan 28th @ Duke! I was very excited especially to get to go to Duke since I have never been. Those that know me know I am a Duke men's fan but Andy figured it would be very difficult to get in to see a decent men's game and this would be an awesome women's game to see. We starting calling it our ACC trip because the first night we stayed in Winston Salem, NC and stopped by the Wake Forest Campus. It is a very pretty campus and Billy had his own track and field meet on campus! :-) I have to say the Duke Campus is even more impressive than even I expected. It is definitely something to see if you are ever in the area. Its hard to imagine actually going to school there and being in the atmosphere. The Duke campus is really in the middle of nowhere, very secluded and there is a forest named Duke Forest around the campus. Andy jokes that students, professors go there to just sit and think. Duke campus is famously known for its Gothic chapel. You wouldn't know from its appearance that it is really just a Methodist church. It is very elaborate! It was very cool seeing Cameron Indoor and all the tents set up outside waiting for tickets. Later I found out the students had to camp out till the Duke-UNC game March 6 for priority on tickets. So they would be living in tents for 6 weeks during the dead of winter while to go to school! I guess that's why they call them Cameron Crazies. We also made a side trip down to UNC and were able to sneak in the Dean Smith Center to take some pictures. The gym was empty except for 1 lone North Carolina player shooting around. It was pretty amazing to see the UNC gym empty. Since I was wearing a Duke shirt, Andy dared me to jump down on the court and shoot but I was too chicken. We got to see the UNC Basketball Museum which was really cool. Finally we made in to the inside of Cameron Indoor for the game. We got to see an awesome game. I got away with dressing Billy in Duke attire and we got some smiles when walking in the game with Billy and I in Duke and Andy in a Vols t-shirt. The game was excellent and pretty much neck and neck until the last couple of plays. We had fun battling to get Billy to say "Go Duke" or "Go Vols"! We had a great time. If you are a basketball fan then it doesn't get much better than the places we saw!




































No comments: